Thursday, March 3, 2011

Valentine Adventures in Frankenmuth

Right after church on February 13th we drove across the U.S. border to the United States and drove to a little town called Frankenmuth. This town was founded by German Lutheran missionaries years ago.

We stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge which had German family names on the outside doors of the hotel rooms, German food on the menus, and employees all dressed up in tradtional German costumes. Ever resourceful, Mom, brought with us a lovely taco-salad meal and I had picked up a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly grape juice. It was a great meal.

Monday was Valentine's Day and we received 25 tokens when we registered for the gaming Fun Center.  First, though, we had to play a game of minature golf and I must confess that Mom beat me... for the first time :(  Stiff competition in the U.S.!!


Mom make a last winning putt
 
I had to get through the tunnel without seeing the hole

No comments:

Post a Comment