Thursday, March 17, 2011

Going CRAZY---Quilting!!!

Yesterday, I took a full-day workshop on how to make a 'Crazy Quilt Block'.  It was taught by a Dutch Quilt Artist/Teacher from a town north of Toronto.  I've chosen to make my block for Oma, so based it on her Dutch heritage.  The teacher loved that idea and gave me many suggestions, even some ribbon from Friesland!
This is the pattern that I stitched to take to my class.  Notice the Dutch flag in the left top corner (given to me from Camille) and the Friesian flag in the right bottom corner.
After being taught how to embelish our squares this is what I brought home to finish.  When it is completed I will frame it.  I have yet to applique a cross-stitched windmill in the centre that Tante Appie made and embroider Opa's Quote 'If you're not Dutch--You're not Much' on the blue left bottom corner.  I naively thought I would bring it home completed!!  I will take it to Ohio next week to work on.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting... Oma will love it. I used to think quilting was just for "quilts"... what a whole other world. Good job Mom.

    ReplyDelete