Friday, April 1, 2011

Cool Date Night

It was my turn to come up with a date and I found a great cool date idea right here in the booming metropolis of Kingsville.

Just down from Main Street on Lansdowne Street is Action Hobby Kingsville and besides the hobby store and the space they use for a local karate club, they also have an indoor remote control car racing track.


This is the more complex track format
Our camera died battery-wise so I managed to look up some pictures on the store website. Besides a father with two sons we were the only other spectators and Mom was only one of two women.

Each race had either a different configuration of track or different model/ type cars.


It was fun to see the different age ranges of men who "play". As one guy said, "Where else can you have so much fun for just $12." That's the cost for these hobbyists to use the track and participate in the races. These guys get pretty into this when driving the cars. They can crash into the walls OR each other and they take turns being the people to put the cars back on their wheels if they crash.

Afterwards, since it had gotten cold outside again and we wanted something warm to eat, we went over to Zehr's to find a warm treat (there is nowhere in town that sells warm treats except McDonald's pies).

And so I purchased a package of chocolate pre-filled crepes that we heated up and thoroughly enjoyed.

So we ate them while watching another episode from our DVD collection of "Murder She Wrote".

That was my fun date for tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. what an amazingly creative date and an incredible way to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really Fun- I wish I could find fun free stuff to do for dates, oh and Grandparents with a private jet to fly out and watch them while I'm out :)
    Seemed like a great Memory on the Go!

    ReplyDelete