Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge

On Monday afternoon we ventured off to the Lynn Valley Park and the suspension bridge there. It is not as long as the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge but you had to pay $30 to go across that one!!

We found another couple who was about to cross the bridge after us take a picture of Irene and I and then we returned the favour for them.

There is no doubt that Irene was a little anxious crossing and she found that her vertigo problem was affected by the bridge and going up the many stairs we experienced along the walks through the park.

There were many falls throughout the park and our pictures do not do jsutice to the sounds and feelings of just being there. Make sure you enlarge the photos.

Some of the fauna and the trees with their rich variety of green colours were just magnificent to enjoy.

Had to make sure I was in a picture.

Irene was inspired and reflective on the beauties of nature and recollections of being here before when she lived and went to school out here.

The sounds of water, birds were all around us. Fortunately, it had stopped raining for our whole walk and it rained after we finished.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures- I felt like I could hear the falls. Mom looks great in the reflective pic and my favorite one was of Mom and Dad before crossing the bridge.

    ReplyDelete