On our way to Oakville for a business trip for Roy we stopped in London to visit Mom/Oma.
Yesterday she turned 89 and so I made up a cheescake for her and Roy and I joined her for a visit and some birthday celebrations.
She was in great spirits and glad to see us. I put some cut strawberries on the cheesecake when we arrived at her apartment. Then we lit the candles and she blew them out before we could even sing "Happy Birthday". At least we did that on the phone yesterday!!
She made repeated "Mmmmmm!" sounds and said it was delicious so we're quite sure she liked the cheesecake a lot.
Then I gave her our birthday gift of a summer blouse and skirt outfit. I am glad she liked it.
Well, Oma tells us in just 11 more years she'll be 100!! The way she is going she just might make it.



Glad someone could see her in person for her birthday! She looks grand!
ReplyDeleteSo Nice- the cheesecake made me salivate- she looks well and Happy- can't wait for the big party next year!
ReplyDelete